“It really was the ultimate school trip!”
County Tyrone schoolchildren have a Corker in Majorca
– Pupils from St Patrick’s Primary School in Donaghmore jetted off on Jet2holidays’ Ultimate School Trip to Sol Katmandu Park & Resortin Majorca after winning nationwide competition
– After more than 1,600 entries and 100,000 votes, the class booked their place on the trip of a lifetime!
Pupils from St Patrick’s Primary School in Donaghmore, County Tyrone, had the time of their lives this weekend after taking off on Jet2holidays’ Ultimate School Trip to Sol Katmandu Park & Resort in Majorca. The pupils were one of nine schools from across the UK to take part, after a nationwide competition which saw over 1,600 school entries and more than 100,000 votes.
The pupils, along with over 250 children from other winning schools, had an amazing weekend taking part in fun educational workshops with celebrity hosts including Dick & Dom, Angellica Bell, and Diversity’s Jordan Banjo. The workshops focused on science, history, drama and crafts, and gave the pupils all the buzz and excitement you would expect from a school trip to the sunshine.
In addition to taking part in the educational trip of a lifetime, run by Jet2holidays and school travel company WST Travel, the pupils also enjoyed a host of awesome experiences, including a VIP send off at Belfast International Airport, a welcome dinner with the celebrities, and the ultimate school disco.
The pupils won their place on the trip, after devising and creating a competition entry in response to a challenge posed by Jet2holidays to produce a promotional piece for Sol Katmandu Park & Resort. Over 1,600 schools entered the competition, with 45 schools across the UK shortlisted to go into a public vote. Each of these 45 schools won £1,000 worth of school equipment vouchers, and after a public vote which saw more than 100,000 people get involved, the pupils at St Patrick’s Primary School school were chosen as the winner, thanks to their fantastic creation, a catchy promotional video and song which can be viewed at here:
Steve Lee, Commercial Director of Jet2.comand Jet2holidays, who was on the trip said: “This has been a hugely successful campaign, with more than 1,600 schools submitting entries and over 100,000 votes. Every single entry deserved to win, but the pupils from St Patrick’s Primary School in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, really earned their place on the Jet2holidaysUltimate School Trip to Sol Katmandu & Resort thanks to their brilliant entry. The children enjoyed a weekend of fun, laughter and learning, and I am sure we have helped create some amazing memories for them to take home with them.”
St Patrick’s Primary School Principal Dera Cahalane said: “This trip has been the most amazing experience for all the children and staff of St Patrick’s PS in Donaghmore. From the very outset we were cared for every step of the way by the staff of Jet2. They were so patient and caring and really understood the needs of a school group.
“The trip provided new experiences for all the children. For some it was their first time flying and they were awarded visits to the cockpit, for others it was their first time abroad and they were treated to non-stop sunshine and a little taste of Spain – but for all it was their first time staying away from home with their school friends.
“To this end the Jet2 and WST staff treated us like family. Katmandu Park and hotel were amazing. Both were child friendly and absolutely suited to the occasion. Our children thoroughly enjoyed all the facilities on offer. They were especially amazed at the workshops and the opportunities to meet some of their favourite celebrities. Our children and staff have special memories which will last a lifetime.”
To find out more information on Jet2holidays’ Ultimate School Trip, please visit: http://ultimateschooltrip.jet2holidays.com/
MEDIA ENQUIRIES: For further information, please contact Ciara Kinkead or Michael Rafferty of Duffy Rafferty Communications on 028 9073 0880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to 65 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from nine UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
- Jet2.com is the 3rdlargest registered airline in the UK and in Summer 18 it will operate a fleet of 90 aircraft.
- In September 2016, Jet2.com took delivery of a brand new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered by January 2019.
- Jet2.com has been awarded Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe for two consecutive years in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines. In the 2018 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards, the airline was also awarded Best Economy Class – Europe and was recognised as one of the ‘Top 10 Airlines in the World’, coming 7th in the prestigious list. The airline was also awarded by Which? with their prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey for two consecutive years (December 2016 and 2017). The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017), Airline of the Year at the Glasgow Airport Awards (2016), Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards for seven consecutive years (2011-2017), Best Airline at the Graftas (2016), and Best Airline at the Group Leisure Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016).
- In 2017, Jet2.com was the only UK airline to be awarded 5-Stars for On-Time Performance by OAG, the world’s leading air travel intelligence company. In January 2018, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2.com 29th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2.com the highest ranked airline for customer satisfaction in the study. In March 2018, Jet2.com was awarded with a Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- It is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- For further information visit jet2.com
- Jet2holidays is the UK’s second largest tour operator and provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 40 top sun destinations across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
- Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with Jet2.com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
- Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit and 0% credit card fees.
- With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidays customers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
- Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Best Short Haul Operator (2016 & 2017), Favourite Short Haul Operator (2017) and Best Trade Friendly Brand (2017) at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards. Jet2holidays has also won Best Overall Operator (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) and Best Mainstream Short Haul Tour Operator (2015 & 2016) at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards, Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System (2015, 2016 and 2017) and Best Sales Support to the Northern Ireland Travel Trade (2015 & 2016) at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards, Best Short Haul Operator at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards (2017), Best Tour Operator at the Graftas (2016 & 2017), Best Tour Operator at the Selling Travel Awards (2017), Best Trade Team at The Travel Network Group Conference (2017), and Leisure Sales Team of the Year and Leisure Account Manager of the Year at the Advantage Travel Partnership’s Big Celebration Lunch (2017).
- In January 2018, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2holidays 9thout of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2holidays the highest ranked tour operator for customer satisfaction in the study. In March 2018, Jet2holidays was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- For further information visit jet2holidays.com. Travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
- Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2holidays’ dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
- In 2016, Jet2CityBreaks was awarded Best European Short Break Provider at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards.
- Jet2CityBreaks provides Jet2.com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 26 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
- Jet2Villas is Jet2holidays’ dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
- Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
- All Jet2Villas holidaysare ATOL protected.
- For further information visit jet2villas.com. Travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com