- Launch of Verona for Summer 22, provides even more choice for customers and independent travel agents in Northern Ireland
- New addition means holidaymakers in Northern Ireland can explore the Italian city from May to September next year
- Latest expansion means a bumper choice of 20 sun and city destinations now on sale for Summer 22 from Belfast International Airport
7th April 2021: Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have responded to strong and continued demand from holidaymakers by announcing the launch of flights and holidays to Verona from Belfast International Airport for Summer 22.
Just months after revealing details of an exciting Summer 22 programme from Belfast International Airport, Jet2holidays, the UK’s leading tour operator to destinations across Europe, together with leading leisure airline, Jet2.com has put flights and holidays on sale to the Italian city of Verona from Belfast International Airport. The addition of the new destination to the Summer 22 programme from the base comes in response to strong demand for Summer 22 holidays.
The leading leisure airline and tour operator will operate weekly Wednesday services to Verona from 11th May through to 21stSeptember 2022.
Located in northern Italy’s Veneto region, Verona is best known for its Shakespeare associations and attracts tourists in search of the romntic Romeo and Juliet balcony. Nestling between the river Adige and Lake Garda, Verona is a bustling city with a 1stcentury amphitheatre in the centre, which plays host to Verona’s annual summer opera festival and other large-scale concerts. There is also an abundance of churches to be explored, some architecturally pleasing bridges and some fascinating art. Couple all that with regional wine and mouth-watering food, it is easy to see why Verona is one of northern Italy’s most attractive and popular cities.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will operate a busy programme for Summer 22 from Belfast International Airport, with a bumper choice of flights and holidays to 20 sunny hotspots now on sale from the base. This means customers in Northern Ireland have fantastic choice and flexibility when it comes to reaching their favourite summer destinations such as the Canaries, Balearics, Spain, Greece, Turkey and Portugal. A full breakdown of the Jet2.com and Jet2holidays Summer 22 programme from Belfast International Airport can be found at the bottom of this release.
As well as booking and travelling on award-winning flights and ATOL protected package holidays to these destinations for Summer 22, customers can get to experience and enjoy the company’s VIP customer service which has seen Jet2.com and Jet2holidays grow its business and repeatedly win high-profile accolades such as Which? Recommended Provider andTripAdvisor’s Best Airline – UK and Top 10 Airlines of the World.
This VIP customer service includes friendly flight times and a generous 22kg baggage allowance through a flight-only booking with Jet2.com, which saw the airline win five accolades at the 2020 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice® Awards for Airlines; or that very same VIP customer service, in-resort Customer Helpers, transfers, free child places and ATOL protection with the UK’s second largest tour operator, Jet2holidays.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “Feedback from customers and independent travel agents across Northern Ireland is telling us that flights and holidays to Italy are very much in demand for Summer 22. As ever, we are responding quickly to that demand to give customers even more choice from Belfast International Airport. Verona is an impressive and romantic city, which offers much more than just Juliet’s famous balcony.
“Customers will discover a city that is packed full of Roman ruins, narrow streets, museums and churches housing fine works of art. It is for this reason that we expect Verona to be a hugely popular holiday destination for customers in the region who are looking for much more than a sunshine getaway.”
Key highlights from Belfast International Airport for Summer 22 with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays includes, in addition to Verona includes:
- Turkey – twice weekly services operating to Antalya and Dalaman.
- Canary Islands – huge choice with the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries. This includes three weekly services to Lanzarote and Tenerife, plus weekly services to Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria, offering unrivalled choice.
- Mainland Spain – up to ten weekly services operating to Mainland Spain, including Reus (up to three weekly services), Alicante (up to three weekly services) and Malaga (up to three weekly services)
- Balearic Islands – fantastic choice and flexibility to hotspots such as Palma (Majorca) (up to five weekly services), Ibiza (up to three weekly services) and Menorca (weekly services).
- Greece – weekly services to three destinations in the Greek sunshine, whether that’s in Crete (Heraklion), Rhodes or
- Cyprus – continued popularity means weekly services operating to Paphos.
- Faro (Algarve) – up to four weekly services to the Portuguese sunshine.
- Bourgas (Bulgaria) – weekly services operating to the Balkan sunshine for Summer 22.
- Dubrovnik (Croatia) – weekly services to this fantastic Croatian destination.
Independent travel agents can visit: trade.jet2holidays.com
For further media enquiries:
Contact Duffy Rafferty Communications via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jet2holidays is the UK’s second largest tour operator and provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 600 resorts across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
- Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
- Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidays customers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
- Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is part of Jet2 plc – a Leisure Travel group (formerly known as Dart Group Plc).
- Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Which? Recommended Provider (2019, 2020), Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? Awards, as well as Best Short Haul Operator (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020), Favourite Short Haul Operator (2018), Best Trade Sales Team (2019) and Best Trade Friendly Brand (2018 & 2020) at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards. Jet2holidays has also won Best Short Haul Operator (2018) at The Sun Travel Awards, Best Overall Operator (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017), Best Short Haul Tour Operator (2015-2019) and Best Trade Friendly Supplier of the Year (2019) at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards, Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System (2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018) and Best Sales Support to the Northern Ireland Travel Trade (2015 & 2016) at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards, Best Family Holiday Operator (2018, 2019), Trade Sales Team of the Year (2019) & Best Short Haul Operator (2017) at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards, Best Tour Operator at the Graftas (2016, 2017 & 2018), Best Tour Operator Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2017, 2018 & 2019), Best Group Tour Operator – Short Haul at the Group Leisure & Travel Awards (2018), Best Trade Team at The Travel Network Group Conference (2017), and Leisure Sales Team of the Year (2017, 2018 & 2019) at the Advantage Travel Partnership’s Big Celebration Lunch.
- In January 2020, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2holidays 23rd out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2holidays the highest ranked tour operator for customer satisfaction in the study. In 2018 and 2019, Jet2holidays was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre. In 2020, Jet2holidays went one better and was awarded with a Platinum Trusted Provider Award by Feefo.
- For further information visit jet2holidays.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
- Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to over 70 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from ten UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
- Jet2.com is the 3rd largest registered airline in the UK.
- In September 2016,com took delivery of a brand-new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered, the last of which was delivered in January 2019.
- Jet2.com was named Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? awards, and Jet2.com has also been awarded by Which? with their prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey for four consecutive years (2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019). Jet2.com has been awarded Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe for four consecutive years (2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020) in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines, as well as Best Economy Class – Europe (2018, 2019 & 2020), Best Airline – Europe (2019 & 2020) and ‘Top 10 Airlines in the World’ (2018, 2019 & 2020).
- The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Airline of the Year at the TTG Travel Awards (2019), Best Short Haul Airline at the Telegraph Travel Awards (2019), Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020), Airline of the Year at the Glasgow Airport Awards (2016), Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards for nine consecutive years (2011-2019), Best Airline at the Graftas (2016), Best Airline at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards (2018), Best Airline Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2018 & 2019), and Best Airline at the Group Travel Awards (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019).
- In 2017, Jet2.com was the only UK airline to be awarded 5-Stars for On-Time Performance by OAG, the world’s leading air travel intelligence company and the OAG’s Punctuality League showed that Jet2.com was the most punctual UK airline in 2019. In January 2020, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2.com 16th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2.com the highest ranked airline for customer satisfaction in the study. In March 2019, Jet2.com was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- It is part of Jet2 plc – a Leisure Travel group (formerly known as Dart Group Plc).
- For further information visit jet2.com
- Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2holidays’ dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
- In 2016 and 2019, Jet2CityBreaks was awarded Best European Short Break Provider at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards.
- Jet2CityBreaks provides com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 26 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
- Jet2Villas is Jet2holidays’ dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
- Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
- All Jet2Villas holidays are ATOL protected.
- For further information visit jet2villas.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com