Jet2.com and Jet2holidays kicks off bumper Summer 2018 at Belfast International
– A whopping NINE NEW DESTINATIONSto be launched from Belfast International this Summer
– Includes SEVEN destinations launching this week, starting with NEW &EXCLUSIVEroute to Madeira
–Almost 50% increase in capacitymeans 135,000 extra seats on sale
–Larger Boeing 737-800 aircraft added to fleetat Belfast International to support growth and demand
– Award winning flights and holidays driving major expansion at Belfast International
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has kicked off a bumper Summer 18 programme from Belfast International Airport today, with a check-in celebration for customers flying to the brand new and exclusive destination of Madeira. This morning lucky Northern Ireland holidaymakers were served up some tasty treats, in the theme of the Madeiran Flower Festival, which traditionally takes place on the Portuguese island throughout April and May.
The inaugural flight to Madeira is the first of a magnificentseven new destinations launching in the next week,as Jet2.com and Jet2holidays rolls out a massive Summer 18 programme at Belfast International. The new route to Madeira is exclusive, meaning Jet2.com is the only airline flying to Funchal from the island of Ireland, a clear indicator of the company’s desire to give Northern Ireland holidaymakers even greater choice and flexibility when booking their holidays.
In total Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will operate to NINE BRAND NEW DESTINATIONS in Summer 18 from Belfast International, with 135,000 extra seats on sale and alarger Boeing 737-800 aircraftcoming into the fleet to support a capacity increase of almost 50%.
This means that the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist will fly to 23 destinations from Belfast International in Summer 18, with over 420,000 seats on sale in total.
The nine new destinations from Belfast International with Jet2.comand Jet2holidaysfor Summer 18 are:
- Madeira – first flight on April 30thwith weekly Monday services operating all-year round. comis the only airline flying to this famous island, known for its green and rugged landscape, from the island of Ireland
- Paphos –first flight departs on May 2ndwith a weekly Wednesday service operating until the end of October. Paphos is famed for its archaeological sites relating to Aphrodite, including ruins of palaces, tombs and mosaic-tiled villas
- Antalya – first flight on May 3rdwith weekly Thursday services operating through to the end of October. Antalya offers Northern Irelandholidaymakers some of the best beaches in Turkey and a stylish mix of old and new, from ancient Roman temples to trendy waterfront bars
- Naples– first flight on May 4thwith a weekly Friday service operating through to early October. Naples is one of Italy’s oldest, most artistic and most delicious cities, known for its culinary delights and access to the stunning Amalfi Coast
- Rhodes – first flight on May 4thwith a weekly Friday service operating until the end of October, Rhodes is a picturesque Greek island, offering sandy beaches,lush forests, medieval towns and a buzzing nightlife
- Costa de Almeria –first flight on May 5thwith two weekly services (Tuesday and Saturday) until late-September, Costa de Almeria offers Blue Flag beaches and white washed villages. Northern Irelandholidaymakers can take their pick from the family friendly resort of Roquetas de Mar or the historic village of Mojacar for authentic Spanish charm
- Crete (Heraklion) – first flight on May 7thwith weekly Monday services operating through to the end of October. Sandy beaches, seafront tavernas, ancient palaces and neon nightlife – this sun-soaked island has the lot for Northern Irelandholidaymakers to enjoy.
- Dalaman – starting June 26th, a weekly Tuesday service will operate until the end of September. With resorts on the famous ‘turquoise coast’, Dalaman offers visitors stunning blue seas, vast beaches and ancient ruins
- Malta –with weekly Thursday services starting in early-April and operating until the end of October, Malta offers year-round sun and upbeat resorts like Sliema and St Julian’s. Visitors can tour Malta’s three UNESCO sites – made up of ancient temples, Roman ruins and medieval cities
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.comand Jet2holidays said: “Our new exclusive route to Madeira from Belfast International is one of just nine brand new destinations that we will launch this summer, demonstrating our huge expansion here in Belfast. It marks the start of our biggest ever summer programme from Belfast International Airport, with more flights, seats and hotels than ever before with our award-winning airline and package holiday operator, giving Northern Ireland holidaymakers even more choice and flexibility. Such sustained growth is only possible by looking after customers, which shows that our continued investment into offering real package holidays and family friendly flights is working.”
Graham Keddie, Belfast International Airport managing director said, “This is a fantastic period of rapid development forJet2.com and Jet2holidaysat Belfast International Airport. The roll-out of nine new routes at the start of this Summer season catapults Jet2’s summer route network from 14 to 23 routes, and broadens their geographic reach right across the Mediterranean from Madeira in the west right through to Paphos in the east. Their continued development from Belfast is now providing a very extensive choice of product for local holidaymakers.”
The leading airline and package holiday specialist continues to win a number of awards for its VIP customer service, including winning an unprecedented four accolades at the recent 2018 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice™awards for airlines (Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe for the second year running, Best Economy Class in Europe, and the only UK and European airline to be recognised in the Top 10 Airlines in the World category – coming 7thin the prestigious list).
In line with its family friendly approach, the company alsorecently expanded its Free Resort Flight Check-In service, meaning customers in nine destinations and 250 hotels can now securely drop their bags off on the last day of their holiday, making their flight home quicker, easier and more convenient.
MEDIA ENQUIRIES: For further information, please contact Cathal Delea or Michael Rafferty of Duffy Rafferty Communications on 028 9073 0880 or email@example.com.
- Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to 65 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from nine UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
- Jet2.com is the 3rdlargest registered airline in the UK and in Summer 18 it will operate a fleet of 90 aircraft.
- In September 2016,Jet2.com took delivery of a brand new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered by January 2019.
- Jet2.com has been awarded Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe for two consecutive years in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines. In the 2018 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards, the airline was also awarded Best Economy Class – Europe and was recognised as one of the ‘Top 10 Airlines in the World’, coming 7thin the prestigious list. The airline was also awarded byWhich? with their prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey for two consecutive years (December 2016 and 2017). The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017), Airline of the Year at the Glasgow Airport Awards (2016), Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards for seven consecutive years (2011-2017), Best Airline at the Graftas (2016), and Best Airline at the Group Leisure Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016).
- In 2017, Jet2.com was the only UK airline to be awarded 5-Stars for On-Time Performance by OAG, the world’s leading air travel intelligence company. In January 2018, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2.com 29th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2.com the highest ranked airline for customer satisfaction in the study. In March 2018, Jet2.com was awarded with a Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- It is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- For further information visit jet2.com
- Jet2holidays is the UK’s second largest tour operator and provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 40 top sun destinations across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
- Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
- Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit and 0% credit card fees.
- With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidays customers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
- Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Best Short Haul Operator (2016 & 2017), Favourite Short Haul Operator (2017) and Best Trade Friendly Brand (2017) at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards. Jet2holidays has also won Best Overall Operator (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) and Best Mainstream Short Haul Tour Operator (2015 & 2016) at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards, Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System (2015, 2016 and 2017) and Best Sales Support to the Northern Ireland Travel Trade (2015 & 2016) at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards, Best Short Haul Operator at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards (2017), Best Tour Operator at the Graftas (2016 & 2017), Best Tour Operator at the Selling Travel Awards (2017), Best Trade Team at The Travel Network Group Conference (2017), and Leisure Sales Team of the Year and Leisure Account Manager of the Year at the Advantage Travel Partnership’s Big Celebration Lunch (2017).
- In January 2018, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2holidays 9thout of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2holidays the highest ranked tour operator for customer satisfaction in the study. In March 2018, Jet2holidays was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- For further information visit jet2holidays.com. Travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
- Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2holidays’ dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
- In 2016, Jet2CityBreakswas awarded Best European Short Break Provider at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards.
- Jet2CityBreaks provides Jet2.com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 26 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
- Jet2Villas is Jet2holidays’ dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
- Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
- All Jet2Villas holidaysare ATOL protected.
- For further information visit jet2villas.com. Travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com