- Jet2.com and Jet2holidays amongst the UK’s best companies for outstanding customer service
- No other package tour operator or airline makes the top 50
A major study has recognised Jet2.com and Jet2holidays as amongst the very best companies in the UK for delivering high quality customer service.
The latest UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), published by The Institute of Customer Service, has named Jet2holidays joint 9th out of more than 250 companies – making the package holiday specialist the highest ranked tour operator for customer service. Jet2.com comes 29th in the list – the highest ranked airline in the study.
No other package tour operator or airline even makes the top 50, with all the major brands and organisations featuring in the study.
Jet2holidays is given a customer satisfaction score of 84.2, above the national average of 78.1. Over 30 different considerations – such as staff professionalism, quality and efficiency, and complaint handling – are factored into the results.
Jet2.com has a customer satisfaction score of 82.6, meaning yet again it is the only airline to make the top 50.
This success comes on the back of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ continued investment into customer service and delivering its family friendly formula. Examples include:
- Investing in, and growing, its UK based call centre, which has industry-leading response times.
- Doubling the number of overseas representatives.
- Growing its Free Resort Flight Check-In service which allows customers to securely check-in their bags at their hotel on the last day of their holiday.
- Offering a free 24/7 emergency helpline 365 days a year for customers.
- Hiring more customer helpers & check-in staff at airports.
- Investing significantly in its website and trade team meaning it offers easy, fast to book flights and holidays.
This formula has resulted in a number of accolades and award wins, such as being voted the UK’s Best Airline by TripAdvisor, receiving the prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ status from Which? for two consecutive years, and scooping four awards at this month’s Travel Weekly Globe Awards.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “This major study by the Institute of Customer Service shows yet again that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is way ahead of other tour operators and airlines when it comes to delivering customer satisfaction and trust. We invest heavily into delivering the very best service for our customers, so it is incredibly rewarding to see this recognised. It comes on the back of a number of other awards and accolades, which can only be achieved through a tremendous amount of hard work by the brilliant team we have here at Jet2.com and Jet2holidays.”
The UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI) is a national barometer of customer satisfaction, which has been run by The Institute of Customer Service since 2008 and is based on the responses of over 10,000 customers. It covers over 30 metrics of customer experience, including staff professionalism, quality and efficiency, ease of doing business, problem solving, complaint handling and attitudes towards trust and reputation. The measures in the UKCSI reflect the priorities customers have identified as the most important attributes of customer experience, and also include measures of customer effort and Net Promoter Score (NPS).
MEDIA ENQUIRIES: For further information please contact Cathal Delea or Michael Rafferty of Duffy Rafferty Communications on 028 9073 0880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to 65 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from nine UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
- Jet2.com is the 3rd largest registered airline in the UK and operates a fleet of 75 aircraft in Summer 17. In Summer 18 it will operate a fleet of more than 85 aircraft.
- In September 2016, Jet2.com took delivery of a brand new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered by January 2019.
- Jet2.com has been awarded by Which? with their prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey for two consecutive years (December 2016 and 2017) and has scooped a host of other prestigious awards, with the most recent being both Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe in the inaugural TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines. The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017), Airline of the Year at the Glasgow Airport Awards (2016), Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards for seven consecutive years (2011-2017), Best Airline at the Graftas (2016), and Best Airline at the Group Leisure Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016).
- In 2017, Jet2.com was the only UK airline to be awarded 5-Stars for On-Time Performance by OAG, the world’s leading air travel intelligence company. In January 2018, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2.com 29th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2.com the highest ranked airline for customer satisfaction in the study.
- It is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- For further information visit jet2.com
- Jet2holidays is the UK’s second largest tour operator and provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 40 top sun destinations across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
- Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
- Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit and 0% credit card fees.
- With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidayscustomers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
- Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Best Short Haul Operator (2016 & 2017), Favourite Short Haul Operator (2017) and Best Trade Friendly Brand (2017) at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards. Jet2holidays has also won Best Overall Operator (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) and Best Mainstream Short Haul Tour Operator (2015 & 2016) at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards, Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System (2015, 2016 and 2017) and Best Sales Support to the Northern Ireland Travel Trade (2015 & 2016) at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards, Best Short Haul Operator at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards (2017), Best Tour Operator at the Graftas (2016 & 2017), Best Tour Operator at the Selling Travel Awards (2017), Best Trade Team at The Travel Network Group Conference (2017), and Leisure Sales Team of the Year and Leisure Account Manager of the Year at the Advantage Travel Partnership’s Big Celebration Lunch (2017).
- In January 2018, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2holidays 9th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2holidays the highest ranked tour operator for customer satisfaction in the study.
- For further information visit jet2holidays.com. Travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
- Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2holidays’ dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
- In 2016, Jet2CityBreaks was awarded Best European Short Break Provider at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards.
- Jet2CityBreaks provides com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 26 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
- Jet2Villas is Jet2holidays’ dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
- Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
- All Jet2Villas holidays are ATOL protected.
- For further information visit jet2villas.com. Travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com