Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have once again been ranked as the best travel firms for providing refunds on the back of the Covid-19 pandemic, according to the latest travel refund cancellation survey of more than 40,000 people by MoneySavingExpert.com(MSE).
The survey, which is the third this year looking at refunds for those unable to travel due to coronavirus by MSE, was conducted between 19th November and 4th December. It asked customers who have had bookings cancelled by firms whether they have received a full refund or not and found that overall, 51% had not received their money back. However, 89% of the 1,722 customers who have dealt with Jet2.com and 89% of the 1,454 customers who have dealt with Jet2holidays stated that they received a full refund, making them the top travel firms who had paid out the highest proportion of full refunds of all 64 companies in the list.
As well as this, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays received a positive score from respondents in regards, to the refund experience for customers. The survey asked people how they felt about their ‘refund experience’, by asking them to rate it as ‘great’, ‘OK’ or ‘poor’, and whether they actually received one. Each company was ranked by taking the percentage of those who had a ‘great’ experience with the company and subtracting the percentage who had a ‘poor’ experience to give an overall ‘net experience score’.
The results of the survey show that Jet2holidays had a score of +76% making it the number one tour operator for refunds, while Jet2.com ranked as the number one airline with a score of +75%. The full results of the survey can be viewed here: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/12/travel-survey-december1/
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have recently confirmed that it has refunded over £1bn to customers affected by programme changes since March, as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
As a result of this customer-first strategy, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have been praised throughout the pandemic by customers, consumer organisations and independent travel agents for how they have looked after those who have been affected by any programme changes. Whether processing swift refunds or helping save customers’ holidays by offering flexible rebook options, the company has experienced positive feedback for its approach.
As well as ranking as the number one and two travel firms for providing refunds once again in the latest MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) survey, Jet2.com was also recognised as the only UK airline to promptly provide refunds without significant backlogs, following a review by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
In addition to refunding customers promptly, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have taken a number of steps to look after customers throughout the pandemic. This includes responding swiftly to demand when travel corridors allow, as well as continuing to deliver a VIP customer service so that customers can enjoy a happy and healthy holiday when they do travel.
This VIP customer service includes friendly flight times, a generous 22kg baggage allowance and 10kg free cabin baggage through a flight-only booking with Jet2.com, which saw the airline win five accolades at the 2020 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice®Awards for Airlines. Customers also experience that same VIP customer service with in-resort Customer Helpers, transfers, free child places and ATOL protection through the UK’s second largest tour operator, Jet2holidays.
Furthermore, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays launched flights and holidays from Bristol Airport, its tenth UK base recently. The launch demonstrates the company’s confidence and underlines its long-term strategy to become the UK’s Leading and Best Leisure Travel business.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We are delighted to have received such positive feedback in this survey, which is based on the experiences of thousands of paying customers. Our number one priority is to look after our customers and this will not change for anything, including the pandemic, and the feedback we continue to receive shows we have done the right thing throughout. We are proud to have looked after our customers during the difficult times and we know that customers will remember these actions not only now but in the future.”
For further media enquiries:
- Jet2holidays is the UK’s second largest tour operator and provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 600 resorts across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
- Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
- Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidays customers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
- Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is part of Jet2 plc – a Leisure Travel group (formerly known as Dart Group Plc).
- Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Which? Recommended Provider (2019, 2020), Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? Awards, as well as Best Short Haul Operator (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020), Favourite Short Haul Operator (2018), Best Trade Sales Team (2019) and Best Trade Friendly Brand (2018 & 2020) at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards. Jet2holidays has also won Best Short Haul Operator (2018) at The Sun Travel Awards, Best Overall Operator (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017), Best Short Haul Tour Operator (2015-2019) and Best Trade Friendly Supplier of the Year (2019) at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards, Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System (2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018) and Best Sales Support to the Northern Ireland Travel Trade (2015 & 2016) at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards, Best Family Holiday Operator (2018, 2019), Trade Sales Team of the Year (2019) & Best Short Haul Operator (2017) at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards, Best Tour Operator at the Graftas (2016, 2017 & 2018), Best Tour Operator Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2017, 2018 & 2019), Best Group Tour Operator – Short Haul at the Group Leisure & Travel Awards (2018), Best Trade Team at The Travel Network Group Conference (2017), and Leisure Sales Team of the Year (2017, 2018 & 2019) at the Advantage Travel Partnership’s Big Celebration Lunch.
- In January 2020, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2holidays 23rd out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2holidays the highest ranked tour operator for customer satisfaction in the study. In 2018 and 2019, Jet2holidays was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre. In 2020, Jet2holidays went one better and was awarded with a Platinum Trusted Provider Award by Feefo.
- For further information visit jet2holidays.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
- Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to over 70 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from ten UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
- Jet2.com is the 3rd largest registered airline in the UK.
- In September 2016, Jet2.com took delivery of a brand-new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered, the last of which was delivered in January 2019.
- Jet2.com was named Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? awards, and Jet2.com has also been awarded by Which? with their prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey for four consecutive years (2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019). Jet2.com has been awarded Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe for four consecutive years (2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020) in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines, as well as Best Economy Class – Europe (2018, 2019 & 2020), Best Airline – Europe (2019 & 2020) and ‘Top 10 Airlines in the World’ (2018, 2019 & 2020).
- The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Airline of the Year at the TTG Travel Awards (2019), Best Short Haul Airline at the Telegraph Travel Awards (2019), Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020), Airline of the Year at the Glasgow Airport Awards (2016), Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards for nine consecutive years (2011-2019), Best Airline at the Graftas (2016), Best Airline at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards (2018), Best Airline Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2018 & 2019), and Best Airline at the Group Travel Awards (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019).
- In 2017, Jet2.com was the only UK airline to be awarded 5-Stars for On-Time Performance by OAG, the world’s leading air travel intelligence company and the OAG’s Punctuality League showed that Jet2.com was the most punctual UK airline in 2019. In January 2020, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2.com 16th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2.com the highest ranked airline for customer satisfaction in the study. In March 2019, Jet2.com was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- It is part of Jet2 plc – a Leisure Travel group (formerly known as Dart Group Plc).
- For further information visit jet2.com
- Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2holidays’ dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
- In 2016 and 2019, Jet2CityBreaks was awarded Best European Short Break Provider at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards.
- Jet2CityBreaks provides com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 26 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
- Jet2Villas is Jet2holidays’ dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
- Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
- All Jet2Villas holidays are ATOL protected.
- For further information visit jet2villas.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com