- Leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist partners with WeSwap to help customers manage their money more easily
- Customers can get £15 free travel money when they load £50 onto their prepaid Mastercard®
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has partnered with WeSwap to offer customers a prepaid contactless global travel money card, and help organise all their travel essentials when abroad. In addition, customers can receive £15 free travel money when they sign-up and load a minimum of £50 onto the currency card for the first time.
WeSwap’s globally accepted Mastercard® and easy to use app helps travellers save up to 90% on their travel money by swapping currencies directly with each other. The company’s people-powered platform gets holidaymakers some of the best exchange rates around, on all major currencies, including Euros, Polish Zloty and Hungarian Florin, with users paying a flat 1-2% fee on all ‘swaps’ and getting access to a suite of travel money budgeting features.
To redeem the offer, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ customers, who already have a break booked with the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist, need to head to the Manage My Booking where they will then be taken to a landing page to complete the free purchase of the WeSwap card online. The WeSwap card will be delivered to the customers UK home address for free within 3-5 working days and once received, customers can download the WeSwap app to manage their funds, load and swap money and claim the £15 credit.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We’re always looking at ways we can make life easier for our customers and this partnership with WeSwap does exactly that. The currency card removes the hassle of organising travel money for different destinations and enables customers to manage travel money in a simple, safe and secure way. With the £15 free credit currently available to those who sign-up to receive the card, we have no doubt that it will prove popular with holidaymakers heading abroad with their favourite airline and tour operator who are looking to gain some extra pocket money.”
Jared Jesner, CEO of WeSwap, said: “We are thrilled to be working alongside Jet2.com and Jet2holidays to make the WeSwap prepaid card available to all its customers. Like the company, we firmly believe that getting travel money should be a stress-free experience to allow holidaymakers to focus on enjoying their holiday. This partnership combines two brands that put customers at the heart of everything they do and ultimately provides Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ customers with a simple, cost effective way of managing their travel money to make the most of their trip.”
For further information on Jet2, please contact Ciara Kinkead or Michael Rafferty of Duffy Rafferty Communications on 028 9073 0880 or email@example.com.
- Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to over 70 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from nine UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
- Jet2.com is the 3rd largest registered airline in the UK and in Summer 20 it will operate a fleet of more than 110 aircraft.
- In September 2016, Jet2.com took delivery of a brand-new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered, the last of which was delivered in January 2019.
- Jet2.com was named Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? awards, and Jet2.com was also awarded by Which? with their prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey for four consecutive years (2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019). Jet2.com has been awarded Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe for three consecutive years (2017, 2018 & 2019) in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines, as well as Best Economy Class – Europe (2018 & 2019), Best Airline – Europe (2019) and ‘Top 10 Airlines in the World’ (2018 & 2019).
- The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Airline of the Year at the TTG Travel Awards (2019), Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019), Airline of the Year at the Glasgow Airport Awards (2016), Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards for seven consecutive years (2011-2018), Best Airline at the Graftas (2016), Best Airline at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards (2018), Best Airline Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2018 & 2019), and Best Airline at the Group Travel Awards (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019).
- In 2017, Jet2.com was the only UK airline to be awarded 5-Stars for On-Time Performance by OAG, the world’s leading air travel intelligence company. In July 2019, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2.com 22nd out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2.com the highest ranked airline for customer satisfaction in the study. In March 2019, Jet2.com was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- It is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- For further information visit www.jet2.com
- Jet2holidays is the UK’s second largest tour operator and provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 500 resorts across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
- Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with Jet2.com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
- Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidays customers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
- Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Which? Recommended Provider (2019), Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? Awards, as well as Best Short Haul Operator (2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019), Favourite Short Haul Operator (2018), Best Trade Sales Team (2019) and Best Trade Friendly Brand (2018) at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards. Jet2holidays has also won Best Short Haul Operator (2018) at The Sun Travel Awards, Best Overall Operator (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) and Best Mainstream Short Haul Tour Operator (2015-2018) at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards, Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System (2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018) and Best Sales Support to the Northern Ireland Travel Trade (2015 & 2016) at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards, Best Family Holiday Operator (2018, 2019), Trade Sales Team of the Year (2019) & Best Short Haul Operator (2017) at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards, Best Tour Operator at the Graftas (2016, 2017 & 2018), Best Tour Operator Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2017, 2018 & 2019), Best Group Tour Operator – Short Haul at the Group Leisure & Travel Awards (2018), Best Trade Team at The Travel Network Group Conference (2017), and Leisure Sales Team of the Year (2017, 2018 & 2019) at the Advantage Travel Partnership’s Big Celebration Lunch.
- In July 2019, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2holidays 12th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2holidays the highest ranked tour operator for customer satisfaction in the study. In 2018 and 2019, Jet2holidays was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- For further information visit www.jet2holidays.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
- Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2holidays’ dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
- In 2019, Jet2CityBreaks, which is now the largest UK operator of European city breaks, won the prestigious European City Break Operator of the Year award at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Travel Awards.
- Jet2CityBreaks provides Jet2.com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 30 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
- Jet2Villas is Jet2holidays’ dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
- Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
- All Jet2Villas holidays are ATOL protected.
- For further information visit www.jet2villas.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com