- Award-winning airline and tour operator recommences flights and holidays programme from Belfast International Airport, waving customers off to the sunshine!
- Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has quarantine-free flights and holidays to 11 destinations this summer from Belfast International Airport
- Company’s three-step pledge makes customer safety number one priority to ensure a happy and healthy holiday!
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays waved customers off to sunny hotspots from Belfast International Airport this morning, as the award-winning airline and tour operator recommenced its flights and holidays programme.
A flight departed to Gran Canaria this morning from Belfast International Airport, with customers jetting off for some much-needed sunshine in a sun-soaked destination where travel restrictions have been eased.
With pent-up demand for a well-deserved holiday, the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist will operate to 11 destinations this summer from Belfast International Airport (a list of destinations by departure airport can be found below), giving customers fantastic choice when it comes to their well-deserved holidays, as well as assurance that their stay will be quarantine-free. The full list of destinations by country is as follows:
- Mainland Spain – Malaga, Alicante
- Balearic Islands – Ibiza, Majorca
- Canary Islands – Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Tenerife, Gran Canaria
- Turkey – Antalya, Dalaman
- Portugal (commencing 1st August) – Faro
When booking a flight or holiday with Jet2.com or Jet2holidays, customers can experience all the company’s award-winning benefits that they have come to know and love. Whether it is VIP customer service, friendly flight times and a generous 22kg baggage allowance through a flight-only booking with Jet2.com, or that very same VIP customer service, in-resort Customer Helpers, transfers, free child places and ATOL protection with the UK’s second largest tour operator, Jet2holidays, customers can be assured that they are in the very best hands with the Which? Recommended Provider.
As well as taking customers away for their well-deserved holidays and delivering an award-winning experience, including a full food and drink service onboard, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is using its industry-leading customer service to look after customers through every step of their holiday and making everyone’s comfort, safety and well-being its number one priority.
From onboard cleaning, ensuring that in-resort care is in line with official Covid-19 guidelines, and only travelling to the safest destinations where the company’s teams and hotel partners are, everything is in place for a healthy and happy holiday. The company’s three-step pledge to get customers back on holiday can be found at: https://www.jet2holidays.com/safe-travel and https://www.jet2.com/flights/safe-travel
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We have been saying for some time that the sun will shine again and that when it does, we will be there to take customers away on their well-deserved holidays from Belfast International Airport. That day has finally arrived and we were delighted to see our first flight take off. It is fantastic to be back in the air and recommencing our award-winning flights and package holidays to sunny destinations across Europe, the Mediterranean and the Canary Islands.
“The safety, well-being and comfort of our customers is our number one priority. Thanks to our three-step pledge, customers are in safe hands when they travel with us. Through our industry-leading customer service, customers know they can rely on us to deliver everything needed to make their holiday a happy and healthy one.”
Where customers have been affected by any programme changes during the Coronavirus crisis, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has been repeatedly recognised by media, consumer organisations and customers for how they have been looking after customers, offering Refund Credit Notes, full cash refunds, or the option to rebook with no admin fee if their flight or holiday is cancelled.
Mr Heapy added: “These have been incredibly uncertain and difficult times for everyone, and we have been very busy looking after our customers and doing the right thing for them. Now, we are focused on doing what we do best – delivering award winning customer service and package holidays you can trust!”
Destinations on sale for Summer 20 with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays by departure airport:
Belfast International: Lanzarote, Malaga, Alicante, Antalya, Dalaman, Faro, Fuerteventura, Ibiza, Gran Canaria, Majorca, Tenerife.
For further media enquiries:
Contact Ciara Kinkead on 07568308258 or email email@example.com
- Jet2holidays is the UK’s second largest tour operator and provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 550 resorts across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
- Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with Jet2.com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
- Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidays customers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
- Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Which? Recommended Provider (2019), Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? Awards, as well as Best Short Haul Operator (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020), Favourite Short Haul Operator (2018), Best Trade Sales Team (2019) and Best Trade Friendly Brand (2018 & 2020) at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards. Jet2holidays has also won Best Short Haul Operator (2018) at The Sun Travel Awards, Best Overall Operator (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017), Best Short Haul Tour Operator (2015-2019) and Best Trade Friendly Supplier of the Year (2019) at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards, Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System (2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018) and Best Sales Support to the Northern Ireland Travel Trade (2015 & 2016) at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards, Best Family Holiday Operator (2018, 2019), Trade Sales Team of the Year (2019) & Best Short Haul Operator (2017) at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards, Best Tour Operator at the Graftas (2016, 2017 & 2018), Best Tour Operator Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2017, 2018 & 2019), Best Group Tour Operator – Short Haul at the Group Leisure & Travel Awards (2018), Best Trade Team at The Travel Network Group Conference (2017), and Leisure Sales Team of the Year (2017, 2018 & 2019) at the Advantage Travel Partnership’s Big Celebration Lunch.
- In January 2020, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2holidays 23rd out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2holidays the highest ranked tour operator for customer satisfaction in the study. In 2018 and 2019, Jet2holidays was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- For further information visit jet2holidays.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
- Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to over 70 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from nine UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
- Jet2.com is the 3rd largest registered airline in the UK.
- In September 2016,Jet2.com took delivery of a brand-new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered, the last of which was delivered in January 2019.
- Jet2.com was named Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? awards, and Jet2.com has also been awarded by Which? with their prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey for four consecutive years (2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019). Jet2.com hasbeen awarded Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe for three consecutive years (2017, 2018 & 2019) in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines, as well as Best Economy Class – Europe (2018 & 2019), Best Airline – Europe (2019) and ‘Top 10 Airlines in the World’ (2018 & 2019).
- The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Airline of the Year at the TTG Travel Awards (2019), Best Short Haul Airline at the Telegraph Travel Awards (2019), Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020), Airline of the Year at the Glasgow Airport Awards (2016), Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards for nine consecutive years (2011-2019), Best Airline at the Graftas (2016), Best Airline at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards (2018), Best Airline Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2018 & 2019), and Best Airline at the Group Travel Awards (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019).
- In 2017, Jet2.com was the only UK airline to be awarded 5-Stars for On-Time Performance by OAG, the world’s leading air travel intelligence company and the OAG’s Punctuality League showed that Jet2.com was the most punctual UK airline in 2019. In January 2020, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2.com 16th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2.com the highest ranked airline for customer satisfaction in the study. In March 2019, Jet2.com was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- It is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- For further information visit jet2.com
- Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2holidays’ dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
- In 2016 and 2019, Jet2CityBreaks was awarded Best European Short Break Provider at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards.
- Jet2CityBreaks provides com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 26 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
- Jet2Villas is Jet2holidays’ dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
- Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
- All Jet2Villas holidays are ATOL protected.
- For further information visit jet2villas.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com