- Welcome change in travel advice means customers can enjoy quarantine-free holidays to Faro and Madeira
- Welcome change in travel advice means customers can enjoy quarantine-free holidays to Faro and Madeira
20th August 2020: Following the eagerly awaited change in government advice regarding travel to Portugal, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has announced that it will resume its flights and holidays programme to Faro (Algarve) from 24th August.
The leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist will recommence flights and holidays to Faro, one of its most popular destinations with customers, from Monday. The sun-soaked Algarve has continued to experience strong demand from holidaymakers despite the government advice that has been in place.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will recommence operations to Faro with multiple weekly flights departing from all nine of its UK bases – Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
The reintroduction of Faro to the company’s programme means that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will operate to two quarantine-free destinations in Portugal this summer. The company is already operating to Madeira (Funchal) from Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Leeds Bradford, Manchester and London Stansted, with the destination also proving very popular with holidaymakers who want to enjoy some much-needed sunshine and escape from the gloom.
The ongoing uncertainty caused by the Covid-19 pandemic means that the company has made some adjustments to its flying programme to Portugal, however customers can still enjoy plenty of choice and flexibility.
Where customers have been affected by any programme changes, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has been repeatedly recognised for looking after customers during the pandemic, offering the option to rebook with no admin fee, a Refund Credit Note or a full cash refund.
When booking a flight or holiday with Jet2.com or Jet2holidays, customers can experience all the award-winning benefits that they have come to know and love. Whether it is VIP customer service, friendly flight times and a generous 22kg baggage allowance through a flight-only booking with Jet2.com, or that very same VIP customer service, in-resort Customer Helpers, transfers, free child places and ATOL protection with the UK’s second largest tour operator, Jet2holidays, customers can be assured that they are in the very best hands with the Which? Recommended Provider.
As well as delivering an award-winning experience, including a full food and drink service onboard, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is using its industry-leading customer service to make everyone’s comfort, safety and well-being its number one priority.
From onboard cleaning, ensuring that in-resort care is in line with official Covid-19 guidelines, and ensuring everything is in place for a healthy and happy holiday, the company’s pledge to get customers back on holiday can be found at: https://www.jet2holidays.com/safe-travel and https://www.jet2.com/flights/safe-travel
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “We welcome this change in government advice which means that customers can once again look forward to enjoying their well-deserved holidays in the stunning Algarve region. With flights and holidays operating to Faro, in addition to Madeira, we are thrilled to be offering customers two fantastic options in Portugal when they’re looking to book their well-deserved holiday away from the gloom.”
“Despite the government advice that has been in place, the demand for flights and holidays to Portugal has remained strong, so we are looking forward to resuming our operations to Faro in addition to Madeira. With a fantastic choice of flights and holidays, not to mention fantastic deals and free child places available, there’s plenty of choice and value for those looking to get away for a much-needed break in the Portuguese sunshine this summer.”
“We have been busy looking after customers and independent travel agents during these uncertain times. As a result of this, customers know they can trust us deliver and that’s our absolute focus for everyone travelling with us – delivering our award-winning customer service and package holidays you can trust.”
Claudia Miguel, UK Director, Turismo de Portugal, said: “As a valued partner, we are delighted that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is recommencing flights and holidays to Faro in addition to Madeira. We have consistently maintained our unwavering confidence in the safety of Portugal, and we are delighted to have arrived at a decision which we feel far better reflects the reality of the situation in Portugal.”
For further information on travel requirements, customers can visit: https://www.jet2holidays.com/safe-travel/travel-requirements
For further media enquiries:
Contact the Ciara Kinkead of Duffy Rafferty Communications on email email@example.com
- Jet2holidays is the UK’s second largest tour operator and provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 600 resorts across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
- Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
- Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidays customers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
- Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Which? Recommended Provider (2019, 2020), Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? Awards, as well as Best Short Haul Operator (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020), Favourite Short Haul Operator (2018), Best Trade Sales Team (2019) and Best Trade Friendly Brand (2018 & 2020) at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards. Jet2holidays has also won Best Short Haul Operator (2018) at The Sun Travel Awards, Best Overall Operator (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017), Best Short Haul Tour Operator (2015-2019) and Best Trade Friendly Supplier of the Year (2019) at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards, Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System (2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018) and Best Sales Support to the Northern Ireland Travel Trade (2015 & 2016) at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards, Best Family Holiday Operator (2018, 2019), Trade Sales Team of the Year (2019) & Best Short Haul Operator (2017) at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards, Best Tour Operator at the Graftas (2016, 2017 & 2018), Best Tour Operator Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2017, 2018 & 2019), Best Group Tour Operator – Short Haul at the Group Leisure & Travel Awards (2018), Best Trade Team at The Travel Network Group Conference (2017), and Leisure Sales Team of the Year (2017, 2018 & 2019) at the Advantage Travel Partnership’s Big Celebration Lunch.
- In January 2020, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2holidays 23rd out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2holidays the highest ranked tour operator for customer satisfaction in the study. In 2018 and 2019, Jet2holidays was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre. In 2020, Jet2holidays went one better and was awarded with a Platinum Trusted Provider Award by Feefo.
- For further information visit jet2holidays.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
- Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to over 70 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from nine UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
- Jet2.com is the 3rd largest registered airline in the UK.
- In September 2016, Jet2.com took delivery of a brand-new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered, the last of which was delivered in January 2019.
- com was named Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? awards, and Jet2.com has also been awarded by Which? with their prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey for four consecutive years (2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019). Jet2.com hasbeen awarded Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe for four consecutive years (2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020) in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines, as well as Best Economy Class – Europe (2018, 2019 & 2020), Best Airline – Europe (2019 & 2020) and ‘Top 10 Airlines in the World’ (2018, 2019 & 2020).
- The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Airline of the Year at the TTG Travel Awards (2019), Best Short Haul Airline at the Telegraph Travel Awards (2019), Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020), Airline of the Year at the Glasgow Airport Awards (2016), Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards for nine consecutive years (2011-2019), Best Airline at the Graftas (2016), Best Airline at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards (2018), Best Airline Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2018 & 2019), and Best Airline at the Group Travel Awards (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019).
- In 2017, Jet2.com was the only UK airline to be awarded 5-Stars for On-Time Performance by OAG, the world’s leading air travel intelligence company and the OAG’s Punctuality League showed that Jet2.com was the most punctual UK airline in 2019. In January 2020, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2.com 16th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2.com the highest ranked airline for customer satisfaction in the study. In March 2019, Jet2.com was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- It is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- For further information visit jet2.com
- Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2holidays’ dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
- In 2016 and 2019, Jet2CityBreaks was awarded Best European Short Break Provider at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards.
- Jet2CityBreaks provides com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 26 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
- Jet2Villas is Jet2holidays’ dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
- Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
- All Jet2Villas holidays are ATOL protected.
- For further information visit jet2villas.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com