Leading leisure airline Jet2.com has introduced two gluten-free meals and two vegan options to its selection of pre-ordered meals.
The addition of two gluten-free options gives customers an even bigger choice of delicious meals when flying with the UK’s best airline* and comes in direct response to demand from customers. The Gluten Free Roast Chicken Dinner features a traditional roast chicken breast with grilled potatoes and vegetables, served with a rich gluten-free gravy. The All-Day Gluten Free Breakfast is topped with grilled bacon, fluffy scrambled egg, rosti potatoes, and sautéed mushrooms in a delicious tomato sauce.
Due to demand from customers who have removed animal products from their diet, Jet2.com is also introducing two exciting new vegan meals, including an All-Day Vegan Breakfast featuring a delicious grilled vegan sausage, rosti potatoes, and sautéed mushrooms in a rich tomato sauce, as well as a Vegan Moroccan Vegetable Tagine served with fluffy couscous.
The new in-flight meals will be available to order from 29th July and will be onboard on Jet2.com flights from 2nd August. They can be purchased when booking with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays or can be ordered post-booking.
The company has made several exciting culinary announcements this year, giving customers fantastic choice when flying with the UK’s third largest airline. In January, Jet2.com added its first ever vegan option to its in-flight menu, with the introduction of the warming and hearty Penne Arrabbiata pasta dish, and in May the company turned up the heat by introducing two exciting Nando’s snacks to its new In-Flight menu, making it the first UK airline to help its customers get a Nando’s fix in the sky.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “Customer feedback shows that there is strong demand for vegan and gluten-free options, so we are delighted to be introducing these four delicious meals, giving customers more choice on our award-winning airline. We are always looking at ways in which we can develop our offering and VIP customer experience, and we are sure that these new pre-ordered meals will be just as popular as the exciting in-flight menu changes that we have already announced this year.”
MEDIA ENQUIRIES: For further information, please contact Cathal Delea or Michael Rafferty of Duffy Rafferty Communications on 028 9073 0880 or email@example.com.
*Jet2.com won five awards at last month’s 2019 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice™ awards for airlines (Top 10 Airlines in the World, Best Airline – Europe, Best Airline – UK, Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe and Best Economy Class – Europe).
1. Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to over 70 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from nine UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
2. Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
3. Jet2.com is the 3rd largest registered airline in the UK and in Summer 19 it will operate a fleet of 100 aircraft.
4. In September 2016, Jet2.com took delivery of a brand-new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered, the last of which was delivered in January 2019.
5. Jet2.com was named Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? awards, and Jet2.com was also awarded by Which? with their prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey for three consecutive years (2016, 2017 and 2018). Jet2.com has been awarded Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe for three consecutive years (2017, 2018 & 2019) in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines, as well as Best Economy Class – Europe (2018 & 2019), Best Airline – Europe (2019) and ‘Top 10 Airlines in the World’ (2018 & 2019).
The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019), Airline of the Year at the Glasgow Airport Awards (2016), Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards for seven consecutive years (2011-2018), Best Airline at the Graftas (2016), Best Airline at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards (2018), Best Airline Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2018), and Best Airline at the Group Travel Awards (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019).
6. In 2017, Jet2.com was the only UK airline to be awarded 5-Stars for On-Time Performance by OAG, the world’s leading air travel intelligence company. In July 2019, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2.com 22nd out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2.com the highest ranked airline for customer satisfaction in the study. In March 2019, Jet2.com was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
7. It is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
8. For further information visit www.jet2.com
1. Jet2holidays is the UK’s second largest tour operator and provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 500 resorts across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
2. Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with Jet2.com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
3. Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
4. With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidays customers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
5. Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
6. Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Which? Recommended Provider (2019), Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? Awards, as well as Best Short Haul Operator (2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019), Favourite Short Haul Operator (2018), Best Trade Sales Team (2019) and Best Trade Friendly Brand (2018) at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards. Jet2holidays has also won Best Short Haul Operator (2018) at The Sun Travel Awards, Best Overall Operator (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) and Best Mainstream Short Haul Tour Operator (2015-2018) at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards, Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System (2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018) and Best Sales Support to the Northern Ireland Travel Trade (2015 & 2016) at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards, Best Family Holiday Operator (2018) & Best Short Haul Operator (2017) at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards, Best Tour Operator at the Graftas (2016, 2017 & 2018), Best Tour Operator Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2017 & 2018), Best Group Tour Operator – Short Haul at the Group Leisure & Travel Awards (2018), Best Trade Team at The Travel Network Group Conference (2017), and Leisure Sales Team of the Year (2017 & 2018) at the Advantage Travel Partnership’s Big Celebration Lunch.
7. In July 2019, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2holidays 12th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2holidays the highest ranked tour operator for customer satisfaction in the study. In 2018 and 2019, Jet2holidays was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
8. For further information visit www.jet2holidays.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
1. Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2holidays’ dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
2. In 2016, Jet2CityBreaks was awarded Best European Short Break Provider at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards.
3. Jet2CityBreaks provides Jet2.com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 26 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
4. All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
1. Jet2Villas is Jet2holidays’ dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
2. Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
3. All Jet2Villas holidays are ATOL protected.
4. For further information visit www.jet2villas.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com