Jet2.com has been named the most punctual airline in the UK over the past 12 months, according to data by the world’s leading travel intelligence company OAG.
The leading leisure airline, which currently has 27 destinations on sale from Belfast International Airport and recently announced eight new Summer 18 destinations, is the only UK airline to be awarded a 5-star rating, with an On-Time Performance (OTP) score of 87.5%, which represents the percentage of flights running on time over the past 12 months.
The figures show that Jet2.com outperformed any other UK airline during this period by 3%, and they come on the back of a successful summer which saw the airline lead the OAG’s monthly rankings for OTP in June, July and August consecutively (September data is not yet published).
This industry-leading performance has been achieved despite a significantly expanded flying programme, as well as the start of operations from two brand new bases at London Stansted and Birmingham.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “Our teams work around the clock to ensure that customers depart on time, as we know that it provides the perfect start to a lovely holiday. Punctuality is one of the very most important things to our customers, alongside our award-winning customer service and friendly flight times. We are proud to be ranked as the most punctual UK airline over the past 12 months and the only UK airline to be awarded five-stars for punctuality and On-Time Performance.”
John Grant, Senior Analyst at OAG, said: “Jet2.com has shown to have a robust on-time performance during some of the busiest travelling months of the year.”
OAG is one of the industry’s most recognised and respected providers of rankings of OTP for all airlines and airports. View the full ratings from the OAG’s On-time Performance Star Ratings, October 2017, with a breakdown of 1-5 stars for airlines and airports here: www.oag.com/on-time-performance-star-ratings
For further media enquiries, please contact Cathal Delea or Michael Rafferty of Duffy Rafferty Communications on 028 9073 0880.
- Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to 65 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from nine UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
- Jet2.com is the 3rd largest registered airline in the UK and operates a fleet of 75 aircraft in Summer 17. In Summer 18 it will operate a fleet of more than 80 aircraft.
- In September 2016, Jet2.com took delivery of a brand new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered by January 2019.
- Jet2.com is the only UK airline to be awarded with Which? ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey (December 2016) and has scooped a host of prestigious awards, with the most recent being both Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe in the inaugural TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines. The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Airline of the Year award at the Glasgow Airport Awards 2016, Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016, Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014 and Best Airline at the Group Leisure Awards 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2016.
- It is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- For further information visit jet2.com
- Jet2holidays provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 40 top sun destinations across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
- Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
- Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit and 0% credit card fees.
- With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidayscustomers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
- Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Best Short Haul Operator at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards 2017, Best Overall Operator and Best Mainstream Short Haul Tour Operator at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards 2015 and 2016, and Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards 2016.
- For further information visit jet2holidays.com. Travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
- Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2’s dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
- Jet2CityBreaks provides com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 26 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
- Jet2Villas is Jet2’s dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
- Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
- All Jet2Villas holidays are ATOL protected.
- For further information visit jet2villas.com. Travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com