- Customers celebrate milestone with the UK’s second largest tour operator
- John Ashcroft, a supermarket cleaner from Bolton, given VIP treatment including his holiday for free!
- Ten years of Real Package HolidaysTM and obsession with customer service has driven continued success, says CEO Steve Heapy. Media interviews available on request
Jet2holidays celebrated its 15 millionth customer in style this morning, putting on a special VIP surprise at Manchester Airport (Monday 18thNovember).
John and Diane Ashcroft, from Bolton, who are travelling on a 11-night break to the Columbus Aparthotel in Playa De Las Americas, Tenerife, were given the full Jet2holidays VIP treatment when TV personalities Sam Aston (Coronation Street’s Chesney Brown) and Anthony Quinlan (Emmerdale’s Pete Barton) came onboard their flight to surprise them.
After boarding as normal, the crew made a surprise announcement asking John and Diane to come to the front of the aircraft. It was then that Sam and Anthony broke the news to John, a supermarket cleaner, that he was in fact Jet2holidays ’15 millionth customer. To add to the excitement, John and Diane were rewarded on the spot with their holiday for free, receiving an upgrade to All Inclusive at the Columbus Aparthotel too. They also received several other VIP touches such as a private transfer to and from their hotel, a free excursion in Tenerife, and complimentary champagne to enjoy on the flight. Customers on the flight joined in the celebrations and were handed complimentary refreshments to mark the occasion too.
Today’s announcement means that 15 million happy holidaymakers have now travelled on a Real Package HolidayTM with Jet2holidays, the UK’s second largest tour operator. Unlike other holiday companies, when customers book with Jet2holidays they get to enjoy a VIP customer service, with Jet2.com flights, transfers to and from the airport, and a choice of 5,000 2-5 star hotels included.
With any duration holidays available, such as the 11-night break enjoyed by the Ashcrofts, free Resort Flight Check-in service in selected hotels, and more Customer Helpers in-resort and in airports than any other holiday company,Jet2holidays is repeatedly recognised by customers and independent organisations for delivering a VIP customer service. This has resulted in a catalogue of awards such as Which? Recommended Provider, Best Airline – UK & Top 10 Airlines of the World by TripAdvisor, and the Best Tour Operator for Customer Service by The Institute of Customer Service.
This popularity, alongside customer friendly touches such as 1000’s of Free Child places, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance, and a choice of ways to book including Call Centre, Online and Independent Travel Agents, all for a low £60 per person deposit, has enabled the company to grow to become the UK’s second largest tour operator today.
When the company launched, Jet2holidays operated to just 15 destinations whereas today it operates to more than 40 top sun destinations across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe, with world famous capitals and cultural centres including bucket list trips to New York and Iceland also available through Jet2CityBreaks. The company now sells 5,000 hotels ranging from 2*, right through to exclusive 5* properties through its ‘Indulgent Escapes’ brand.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “Today marks a huge milestone for Jet2holidays, as we celebrate the 15 millionth customer to travel with us on a real package holiday. We wish John and Diane a lovely holiday, just as we do with every customer, and we hope our VIP send-off made the perfect start to their Tenerife trip.
“As well as celebrating, we are looking forward, too. Thanks to our continued investment into building a company that is obsessed with customer service, we look forward with confidence. No other holiday operator works as hard to make its customers feel like a VIP, and on top of our fantastic sun and city destinations, those special Jet2holidays touches such as a low £60 per person deposit, children go free, 24 hour in-resort assistance, and our free Resort Flight Check-in service means we look forward to taking millions more happy customers on holiday with us.”
John Ashcroft, the 15 millionth customer to travel on a real package holiday with Jet2holidays said: “I’m pinching myself. We boarded the aircraft and were just getting settled for our flight to Tenerife when the pilot called us up. Sam, Anthony and the Jet2holidays team came out of nowhere to give us this magnificent surprise, and I’m not kidding when I say it has absolutely made my year. I cannot thank everyone at Jet2holidays enough. We were already looking forward to our holiday to Tenerife, but this has made the whole trip even more memorable.”
For further media enquiries:
Contact the Jet2.com Press Office on 0113 243 1355 or email pressoffice@Jet2.com
- Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to over 70 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from nine UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
- Jet2.com is the 3rdlargest registered airline in the UK and in Summer 19 it will operate a fleet of 100 aircraft.
- In September 2016, Jet2.com took delivery of a brand-new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered, the last of which was delivered in January 2019.
- Jet2.com was named Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? awards, and Jet2.com was also awarded byWhich? with their prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey for three consecutive years (2016, 2017 and 2018). Jet2.com has been awarded Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe for three consecutive years (2017, 2018 & 2019) in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines, as well as Best Economy Class – Europe (2018 & 2019), Best Airline – Europe (2019) and ‘Top 10 Airlines in the World’ (2018 & 2019).
- The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Airline of the Year at the TTG Travel Awards (2019), Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019), Airline of the Year at the Glasgow Airport Awards (2016), Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards for nine consecutive years (2011-2019), Best Airline at the Graftas (2016), Best Airline at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards (2018), Best Airline Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2018 & 2019),and Best Airline at the Group Travel Awards (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019).
- In 2017, Jet2.com was the only UK airline to be awarded 5-Stars for On-Time Performance by OAG, the world’s leading air travel intelligence company. In July 2019, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2.com 22nd out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2.com the highest ranked airline for customer satisfaction in the study. In March 2019, Jet2.com was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- It is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- For further information visit jet2.com
- Jet2holidays is the UK’s second largest tour operator and provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 500 resorts across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
- Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with Jet2.com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
- Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidays customers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
- Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Which? Recommended Provider (2019), Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? Awards, as well as Best Short Haul Operator (2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019), Favourite Short Haul Operator (2018), Best Trade Sales Team (2019) and Best Trade Friendly Brand (2018) at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards. Jet2holidays has also won Best Short Haul Operator (2018) at The Sun Travel Awards, Best Overall Operator (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017), Best Short Haul Tour Operator (2015-2019) and Best Trade Friendly Supplier of the Year (2019) at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards, Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System (2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018) and Best Sales Support to the Northern Ireland Travel Trade (2015 & 2016) at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards, Best Family Holiday Operator (2018, 2019), Trade Sales Team of the Year (2019) & Best Short Haul Operator (2017) at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards, Best Tour Operator at the Graftas (2016, 2017 & 2018), Best Tour Operator Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2017, 2018 & 2019),Best Group Tour Operator – Short Haulat the Group Leisure & Travel Awards (2018), Best Trade Team at The Travel Network Group Conference (2017), and Leisure Sales Team of the Year (2017, 2018 & 2019) at the Advantage Travel Partnership’s Big Celebration Lunch.
- In July 2019, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2holidays 12th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2holidays the highest ranked tour operator for customer satisfaction in the study. In 2018 and 2019, Jet2holidays was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- For further information visit jet2holidays.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
- Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2holidays’ dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
- In 2016 and 2019, Jet2CityBreaks was awarded Best European Short Break Provider at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards.
- Jet2CityBreaks provides Jet2.com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 26 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
- Jet2Villas is Jet2holidays’ dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
- Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
- All Jet2Villas holidays are ATOL protected.
- For further information visit jet2villas.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com