Jet2holidays, the UK’s leading tour operator to destinations across the Mediterranean and Canary Islands, has continued its industry-leading position when it comes to looking after customers during the pandemic, by signing up to BBC Watchdog’s ‘Package Holiday Pledge’.
BBC Watchdog, the popular investigative programme, created the pledge to give customers extra assurance when booking a package holiday. This came about after viewers contacted the programme to raise issues with other holiday companies.
By signing up to the pledge, Jet2holidays is publicly declaring that it will make a number of commitments, however the ATOL protected package holiday specialist has already been delivering on these commitments throughout the pandemic.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have been praised for their industry-leading and prompt refunding of over £1bn to customers whose travel plans have been affected by programme changes during the pandemic, and the companies continue this customer-first approach.
Recognition for this includes Jet2.com and Jet2holidays receiving Which? Recommended Provider Status once again. Which? stated that ‘Some packages are better than others’ when they named Jet2holidays as a tour operator that has ‘done the right thing’ during the pandemic. In addition, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays ranked as the top two travel firms for providing refunds, according to a travel refund cancellation survey by MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE). Jet2.com was also recognised by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) as the only UK airline to promptly provide refunds.
The commitments contained within the pledge are as follows:
- If flights are cancelled or changed because of COVID-19, customers can rebook without incurring amendment charges.
- If FCDO advice changes to warn against all but essential travel to the destination country, customers can rebook without incurring amendment charges for any element of the booked package.
- If a customer or a member of their household receives a positive COVID test prior to travelling, they can rebook without incurring amendment charges for any element of the booked package.
- If any element of the booking is not available and Jet2holidays is unable to offer an equivalent holiday (in line with ABTA’s definition of a ‘significant’ change to a booking), customers will receive a full refund.
- Refunds will be paid within 14 days of cancellation.
- If – between booking and departure – the UK imposes quarantine on arrivals from the destination country, customers will be entitled to change or cancel their booking without incurring charges for any element of their package.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “We are proud to sign up to BBC Watchdog’s Package Holiday Pledge, and we are proud of the fact that we are already delivering on the commitments in the pledge. We have been looking after customers and independent travel agents throughout the pandemic, and we have the accolades to prove it. That said, we warmly welcome BBC Watchdog’s campaign as it will further help customers when it comes to understanding who to trust and who not to trust when booking a package holiday. With confidence returning and holidaymakers looking forward to getting away this summer and beyond, this pledge further underlines our customer-first strategy. Quite simply, it tells customers something we have been proud of saying for years – we deliver package holidays you can trust. Many other companies, when asked by BBC Watchdog, simply could not pledge that.”
Independent travel agents can visit: trade.jet2holidays.com
For further media enquiries:
Contact Duffy Rafferty Communications via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jet2holidays is the UK’s second largest tour operator and provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 600 resorts across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
- Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
- Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidays customers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
- Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is part of Jet2 plc – a Leisure Travel group (formerly known as Dart Group Plc).
- Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Which? Recommended Provider (2019, 2020), Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? Awards, as well as Best Short Haul Operator (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020), Favourite Short Haul Operator (2018), Best Trade Sales Team (2019) and Best Trade Friendly Brand (2018 & 2020) at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards. Jet2holidays has also won Best Short Haul Operator (2018) at The Sun Travel Awards, Best Overall Operator (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017), Best Short Haul Tour Operator (2015-2019) and Best Trade Friendly Supplier of the Year (2019) at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards, Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System (2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018) and Best Sales Support to the Northern Ireland Travel Trade (2015 & 2016) at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards, Best Family Holiday Operator (2018, 2019), Trade Sales Team of the Year (2019) & Best Short Haul Operator (2017) at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards, Best Tour Operator at the Graftas (2016, 2017 & 2018), Best Tour Operator Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2017, 2018 & 2019), Best Group Tour Operator – Short Haul at the Group Leisure & Travel Awards (2018), Best Trade Team at The Travel Network Group Conference (2017), and Leisure Sales Team of the Year (2017, 2018 & 2019) at the Advantage Travel Partnership’s Big Celebration Lunch.
- In January 2020, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2holidays23rd out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2holidays the highest ranked tour operator for customer satisfaction in the study. In 2018 and 2019, Jet2holidays was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre. In 2020, Jet2holidays went one better and was awarded with a Platinum Trusted Provider Award by Feefo.
- For further information visit jet2holidays.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
- Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to over 70 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from ten UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
- Jet2.com is the 3rd largest registered airline in the UK.
- In September 2016, Jet2.com took delivery of a brand-new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered, the last of which was delivered in January 2019.
- Jet2.com was named Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? awards, and Jet2.com has also been awarded by Which? with their prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey for four consecutive years (2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019). Jet2.com has been awarded Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe for four consecutive years (2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020) in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines, as well as Best Economy Class – Europe (2018, 2019 & 2020), Best Airline – Europe (2019 & 2020) and ‘Top 10 Airlines in the World’ (2018, 2019 & 2020).
- The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Airline of the Year at the TTG Travel Awards (2019), Best Short Haul Airline at the Telegraph Travel Awards (2019), Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020), Airline of the Year at the Glasgow Airport Awards (2016), Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards for nine consecutive years (2011-2019), Best Airline at the Graftas (2016), Best Airline at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards (2018), Best Airline Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2018 & 2019), and Best Airline at the Group Travel Awards (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019).
- In 2017, Jet2.com was the only UK airline to be awarded 5-Stars for On-Time Performance by OAG, the world’s leading air travel intelligence company and the OAG’s Punctuality League showed that Jet2.com was the most punctual UK airline in 2019. In January 2020, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2.com 16th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2.com the highest ranked airline for customer satisfaction in the study. In March 2019, Jet2.com was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- It is part of Jet2 plc – a Leisure Travel group (formerly known as Dart Group Plc).
- For further information visit jet2.com
- Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2holidays’ dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
- In 2016 and 2019, Jet2CityBreaks was awarded Best European Short Break Provider at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards.
- Jet2CityBreaks provides com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 26 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
- Jet2Villas is Jet2holidays’ dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
- Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
- All Jet2Villas holidays are ATOL protected.
- For further information visit jet2villas.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com