Latest ATOL data published by the Civil Aviation Authority has revealed that Jet2holidays is now officially the second biggest tour operator in the UK.
The data shows that, for the second consecutive year, Jet2holidays is the stellar performer in the list. In the 12 months to September 2018, the leading package holiday specialist is licenced to carry 2.94 million passengers, an increase of more than 660,000 passengers on the previous 12 months. No other operator comes close to that growth.
The announcement comes on the back of a momentous year for Jet2.com and Jet2holidays. In March this year, the company launched its first flights and holidays from London Stansted and Birmingham Airports, and to date has now taken delivery of 16 of 34 brand new Boeing 737-800 aircraft, with the final aircraft to be delivered in January 2019. In June, the company also launched Jet2Villas, a brand new proposition offering villa holidays with all the benefits of a package holiday.
The company has scooped a number of significant accolades in recent times and these repeat successes are no coincidence. As Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one package, holidaymakers are given access to great value package breaks across thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with Jet2.com flights, industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included, through a £60 per person deposit.
Offering full ATOL protection, Jet2holidays includes free infant places. With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online, over the phone or through travel agents, Jet2holidays customers also benefit from 24 hour in-resort service as well as a fantastic free resort flight-check in service in almost 200 hotels across seven destinations.
With friendly low fares offering fantastic value, award winning customer service, and great flight times, Jet2.com also offers 0% credit card fees and has been voted Top UK Airline and Best Low Cost Airline in Europe by TripAdvisor.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “This is great news for everyone associated with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays. There has been much written about the industry in recent times, but this goes to show what can be achieved through an unswerving focus on delivering the very best service for customers so that they enjoy a lovely holiday time and time again. With a committed team looking after our customers on their ATOL protected package holidays, and unique touches such as our free resort flight check-in service, we are looking ahead to the future with confidence.”
To view the data, please visit the CAA website: https://www.caa.co.uk/ATOL-protection/Check-an-ATOL/Top-ATOL-holder-reports/
For further media enquiries, please contact Cathal Delea or Michael Rafferty of Duffy Rafferty Communications on 028 9073 0880.
- Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to 65 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from nine UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
- Jet2.com is the 3rd largest registered airline in the UK and operates a fleet of 75 aircraft in Summer 17. In Summer 18 it will operate a fleet of more than 80 aircraft.
- In September 2016,com took delivery of a brand new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered by January 2019.
- Jet2.com is the only UK airline to be awarded with Which? ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey (December 2016) and has scooped a host of prestigious awards, with the most recent being both Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe in the inaugural TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines. The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Airline of the Year award at the Glasgow Airport Awards 2016, Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016, Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014 and Best Airline at the Group Leisure Awards 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2016.
- It is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- For further information visit jet2.com
- Jet2holidays provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 40 top sun destinations across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
- Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
- Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit and 0% credit card fees.
- With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidayscustomers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
- Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Best Short Haul Operator at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards 2017, Best Overall Operator and Best Mainstream Short Haul Tour Operator at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards 2015 and 2016, and Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards 2016.
- For further information visit jet2holidays.com. Travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
- Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2’s dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
- Jet2CityBreaks provides com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 26 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
- Jet2Villas is Jet2’s dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
- Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
- All Jet2Villas holidays are ATOL protected.
- For further information visit jet2villas.com. Travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com