Has your school entered the Ultimate School Trip Yet(i)?
A pair of yetis were spotted roaming the hallways of two Northern Ireland primary schools yesterday.
There was no need for alarm though as Kumar and Maiya, mascots from the Sol Katmandu Park & Resort in Majorca, jetted in to Blythefield Primary School in Belfast and Seaview Primary School in Glenarm, Ballymena to tell the children about a massive nationwide schools competition run by Jet2holidays.
The Ultimate School Trip competition gives children across the UK a chance to win the school trip of a lifetime to the award-winning Spanish resort with their classmates and teachers.
The yeti visit was part of a Jet2holidays roadshow which has been touring the UK delivering fun, excitement and learning to over 15 schools throughout Jet2.com and Jet2holidays nine regional airport bases.
Northern Ireland was one of the final stops on the tour and Kumar and Maiya were happy to teach the pupils at Blythefield PS and Seaview PS their unique language and demonstrate their special breakfast dance, explaining all about their home of Sol Katmandu and how they can enter the competition to win an all-expenses paid trip there in April.
Nine schools in total – one from each region in which Jet2holidays operates – will win a place on the Ultimate School Trip which promises to be both fun and educational, including workshops which will focus on science, history, drama and crafts, as well as giving pupils all the excitement you would expect from a school trip overseas. Workshops will be hosted by celebrities, including children’s TV stars Dick and Dom.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We’ve loved being on tour with the Ultimate School Trip roadshow in Northern Ireland, school trips provide many of our best school memories and create some of the most valuable and lasting educational experiences.
“They give children the opportunity to step out of the classroom and experience History, Geography, Science and the Arts in amazing new locations. This once-in-a-lifetime trip to Sol Katmandu Park & Resort certainly does that and we can’t wait to see all the entries,” he added.
A total of 45 classes across the UK and Northern Ireland will be shortlisted for the competition, all of which will win £1,000 worth of vouchers for new school equipment. The nine lucky classes to be chosen as the winners will jet off on the amazing trip from Friday April 20 – Sunday April 22, 2018.
For more information on the competition, visit http://ultimateschooltrip.jet2holidays.com
MEDIA ENQUIRIES: For further information please contact Cathal Delea or Michael Rafferty of Duffy Rafferty Communications on 028 9073 0880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to 65 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from nine UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
- Jet2.com is the 3rd largest registered airline in the UK and operates a fleet of 75 aircraft in Summer 17. In Summer 18 it will operate a fleet of more than 85 aircraft.
- In September 2016, Jet2.com took delivery of a brand new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered by January 2019.
- Jet2.com has been awarded by Which? with their prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey for two consecutive years (December 2016 and 2017) and has scooped a host of other prestigious awards, with the most recent being both Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe in the inaugural TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines. The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017), Airline of the Year at the Glasgow Airport Awards (2016), Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards for seven consecutive years (2011-2017), Best Airline at the Graftas (2016), and Best Airline at the Group Leisure Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016).
- In 2017, Jet2.com was the only UK airline to be awarded 5-Stars for On-Time Performance by OAG, the world’s leading air travel intelligence company. In January 2018, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2.com 29th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2.com the highest ranked airline for customer satisfaction in the study.
- It is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- For further information visit www.jet2.com
- Jet2holidays is the UK’s second largest tour operator and provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 40 top sun destinations across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
- Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with Jet2.com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
- Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit and 0% credit card fees.
- With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidays customers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
- Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Best Short Haul Operator (2016 & 2017), Favourite Short Haul Operator (2017) and Best Trade Friendly Brand (2017) at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards. Jet2holidays has also won Best Overall Operator (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) and Best Mainstream Short Haul Tour Operator (2015 & 2016) at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards, Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System (2015, 2016 and 2017) and Best Sales Support to the Northern Ireland Travel Trade (2015 & 2016) at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards, Best Short Haul Operator at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards (2017), Best Tour Operator at the Graftas (2016 & 2017), Best Tour Operator at the Selling Travel Awards (2017), Best Trade Team at The Travel Network Group Conference (2017), and Leisure Sales Team of the Year and Leisure Account Manager of the Year at the Advantage Travel Partnership’s Big Celebration Lunch (2017).
- In January 2018, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2holidays 9th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2holidays the highest ranked tour operator for customer satisfaction in the study.
- For further information visit www.jet2holidays.com. Travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
- Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2holidays’ dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
- In 2016, Jet2CityBreaks was awarded Best European Short Break Provider at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards.
- Jet2CityBreaks provides Jet2.com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 26 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
- Jet2Villas is Jet2holidays’ dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
- Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
- All Jet2Villas holidays are ATOL protected.
- For further information visit www.jet2villas.com. Travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com