FERMANAGH LAKELAND TOURISM has reported a significant increase in staycation enquiries in the county over the last four weeks. Enquiries have spiked in a range of accommodation types including hotels, glamping sites, self-catering, camp sites and cruisers.
As Covid-19 restrictions ease, more and more people are looking forward to a much-needed break and Fermanagh Lakeland Tourism’s new marketing initiative Ready For You aims to encourage holiday makers to book a staycation and enjoy everything that the Lakeland County has to offer.
Tanya Cathcart, Marketing Manager for Fermanagh Lakeland Tourism said:
“We have been delighted by the huge number of enquires that accommodation providers throughout the county have received in relation to staycations. It’s clear that as restrictions have eased, people want to have a holiday or long weekend to look forward to so that they can enjoy some much-needed fun or relaxation with loved ones.
“In Fermanagh, the range of activities are endless, from water sports on Lough Erne and exploring National Trust grounds to trekking mountain walks and an afternoon onboard a cruiser.
“We would encourage anyone interested in a staycation to check out the great value deals that are available in the area. You may not get to go abroad this year but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a fun filled holiday, jam packed with adventures to remember,” added Tanya.
To help holidaymakers along, Fermanagh Tourism has put together a list of exciting things to do if you are preparing for a visit to the Lakeland County.
- Boatyard Distillery Tours – Enjoy a visit to the Boatyard Distillery for an intimate tour and taste experience. Visitors can learn first-hand the secrets behind the making of Boatyard Double Gin as well as take away their very own bottle.
- Corralea Activity Centre – A “slow adventure” awaits you at Corralea Activity Centre. After a 2-hour paddle among the islands on the beautiful Lough MacNean enjoy a well-deserved soak in the new hot tub, set within the forest on the edge of the water or take an e-bike ride.
- Erne Boat Hire – Fermanagh’s “wee red boats” are the perfect way for visitors to explore Lough Erne and take in the surrounding scenery. Devenish Island is only 30 minutes away and is just one of the Lough’s many islands. With each boat holding up to 6 people, pack a picnic and make a day of it.
- Cuilcagh Boardwalk Trail – This mountain walk meanders through one of the largest expanses of blanket bog in Northern Ireland. A steep climb up the Boardwalk, Fermanagh’s “Stairway to Heaven” provides breath-taking views of the surrounding landscape. Avoid the crowds and time your visit early morning, mid-week.
- Marble Arch Caves– is a must-see tourist attraction for families and nature lovers alike which offers a selection of above and below ground experiences. Explore the underground labyrinth of the Marble Arch Caves on a Guided Cave Tour of the most active living show cave system. Alternatively, the outdoor experiences offer opportunities to discover the landscape on a guided walk through a woodland of caves, rivers, gorge and waterfalls or partake in an Eco-Adventure or family activity of discovery. Online booking required.
- Castle Archdale Boat Hire & Watersports – At Castle Archdale, visitors can exclusively enjoy biking on water with their newly launched hydrobikes. Fun, safe and unsinkable, hydrobiking on Lough Erne is a new unique way to explore the beautiful lakelands.
- Belleek Pottery – Established in 1857, Belleek Pottery is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Co. Fermanagh. The Visitor Centre is now open and offers an Audio-Visual theatre and shop. The perfect way to pick up a souvenir of a visit to Fermanagh.
- Share Discovery Village – Enjoy an unforgettable water adventure at Share Discovery Village. The new Wibit water park is out on the Lough and ready for you! Have you got what it takes to tackle the Wiggle Bridge, rock Slide and Side Kick? It’s definitely going to be a day to remember.
- Enniskillen Castle – Situated along the banks of the River Erne, Enniskillen Castle was built almost 600 years ago by the Gaelic Maguires and is the perfect place to begin exploring Fermanagh’s rich history. Explore local history, from prehistoric to modern day. Tours must be booked in advance.
- Enniskillen Island Town for lunch – the island town of Enniskillen is the perfect location for a tasty lunch with family. Holidaymakers can take a leisurely stroll around the town centre and stop for a spot of lunch at the Buttermarket, Jolly Sandwich or Dollakis.
- Florence Court – Explore the parklands and gardens at National Trust’s Florence Court, discovering new views and new favourite places. Take your four-legged friend along as Florence Court offers lots of opportunities for jumping, sniffing and splashing throughout the estate.
- Fermanagh Fun Farm – A real life, hands on, active, engaging, farm experience for all the family based in Lisbellaw! Enjoy a guided tour where you will get to meet the animals and find out how they are cared for. Families will have the chance to feed the animals and a timetable of activities are available each day. Please see the Facebook page for up to date information. Booking is essential.
Visit www.fermanaghlakelands.com to plan your staycation today!
MEDIA ENQUIRIES: For further information, please contact Bronagh Cobain of Duffy Rafferty Communications on 028 9073 0880 or Bronagh@duffyrafferty.com