- Leading leisure airline and tour operator announces expanded programme for Summer 21 including a brand-new and exclusive destination – Larnaca
- More choice and flexibility than ever for holidaymakers and independent travel agents in Northern Ireland
- Flights and holidays on sale earlier than ever to the most popular sunspots
February 12th2020: Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is offering customers a bumper choice of flights and holidays from Belfast International Airport in Summer 21, thanks to the launch of an expanded summer programme from the base today.
The leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist has put its award-winning flights and holidays on sale for Summer 21 from Belfast International earlier than ever, meaning customers and independent travel agents can book early. The huge summer programme includes BRAND NEW and EXCLUSIVE Larnaca(Cyprus) and almost 575,000 seats on sale in total, representing a capacity increase of 7%.
The expanded programme means that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is offering customers in Northern Ireland more choice and flexibility, when it comes to reaching their favourite summer hotspots such as the Canaries, Balearics, Spain, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus.
With multiple weekly flights to many of these destinations, holidaymakers can enjoy complete flexibility over how long they choose to holiday for – a move which Jet2holidays pioneered ten years ago so that customers can choose holidays of any duration to suit their budgets and needs.
The introduction of weekly Sunday services to BRAND NEW Larnaca means that the company will operate to two destinations in Cyprus in Summer 21, with flights and holidays already operating to Paphos. No other airline operates to Larnaca from Belfast International, making this an exclusive route to Jet2.com and Jet2holidays.
The stunning Larnaca region runs from the historic city of Limassol to the popular resorts of Ayia Napa and Protaras on the south-east of the island. With stellar beaches, ancient ruins and party hotspots on its shores, Larnaca holidays have something for everyone, whether it’s a family holiday, a couples holiday, a villa holiday with Jet2Villas, or a group holiday for millennials booked through VIBE by Jet2holidays.
Highlights from Belfast International Airport for Summer 21 with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays include:
- Over 50 flights departing every week during peak periods.
- Cyprus– BRAND NEW Larnaca, in addition to existing services to Paphos.
- Canary Islands– up to 12 weekly services with the UK’s leading tour operator to the Canaries. Great choice and flexibility with up to five weekly services to Tenerife during the peak summer season, up to three weekly services to Lanzarote and two weekly services to Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria.
- Balearic Islands– up to 12 weekly services departing to the Balearics, with up to six weekly services to Majorca, four weekly services to Ibiza and two weekly services to Menorca.
- Turkey – up to two weekly services to Antalya and Dalaman, as well as a weekly service to Izmir.
- Bourgas (Bulgaria) –extra service added for Summer 21, meaning two weekly services and more choice when it comes to getting to the best beaches and best value on the Black Sea.
- Greece – weekly services to Rhodes, Corfu, Crete (Heraklion) and Zante.
- Mainland Spain– great choice and flexibility to Spanish favourites including up to three weekly services to Malaga, up to five weekly services to Alicante,and up to three weekly services to Reus (Costa Dorada).
- Algarve (Faro) – plenty of choice with up to five weekly services departing to the Portuguese sunshine.
- Italy & Croatia – weekly services departing to Dubrovnik and Naples, providing Northern Ireland holidaymakers with stunning beach and city options.
This expanded programme represents another year of growth for Jet2.com and Jet2holidays at Belfast International Airport, after the company celebrated 15th years flying from the base last year.
Today’s announcement means more holidaymakers than ever can travel on a Real Package HolidayTM with Jet2holidays, the UK’s second largest tour operator. Unlike other holiday companies, when customers book withJet2holidays they get to enjoy a VIP customer service, with Jet2.com flights, transfers to and from the airport, and a choice of 5,000 2-5 star hotels included.
With more Customer Helpers in-resort and in airports than any other holiday company, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is repeatedly recognised by customers and independent organisations for delivering a VIP customer service. This has resulted in a catalogue of awards such as Which? Recommended Provider, Best Airline – Europe & Top 10 Airlines of the World by TripAdvisor, and the Best Tour Operator for Customer Service by The Institute of Customer Service. Jet2.com has also won Airline of the Year for the past two years at the NI Travel Awards, with Jet2holidays scooping Best Package Tour Operator for the past five years.
This continued popularity, alongside customer friendly touches such as 1000’s of Free Child places, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance, and a choice of ways to book including Call Centre, Online and Independent Travel Agents, all for a low £60 per person deposit, has enabled the company to grow to become the UK’s second largest tour operator today.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “We are putting our Summer programme on sale earlier than ever from Belfast International Airport, giving customers and independent travel agents in Northern Ireland the chance to book early. There continues to be strong demand for our award-winning flights and holidays, which is why we are putting on such an exciting programme for Summer 21, including a brand-new destination in Larnaca, as well as more seats and holidays. Our continued focus on giving customers an award-winning experience, alongside more choice and flexibility, means we’re looking forward to a very exciting Summer 21 from Belfast International Airport.”
Uel Hoey, Business Development Director said,” We are delighted to welcome the launch of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ expanded Summer 2021 programme direct from Belfast International Airport.
“Greater seat capacity and more product flexibility are the central highlights of today’s launch, allied to the very welcome return of a direct Belfast – Larnaca service, perennially a popular choice with Northern Ireland holidaymakers. We are confident that the choice offered within the new programme will once again prove be a huge hit with the travelling public.”
- Jet2.com is a leading leisure airline providing friendly low fares to over 70 exciting sun, city and ski destinations across Europe. It operates from nine UK airports: Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Jet2.com prides itself on offering award winning customer service, friendly flight times, allocated seating and a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
- Jet2.com is the 3rdlargest registered airline in the UK and in Summer 20 it will operate a fleet of more than 110 aircraft.
- In September 2016, Jet2.com took delivery of a brand-new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This was the first of 34 new aircraft to be delivered, the last of which was delivered in January 2019.
- Jet2.com was named Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? awards, and Jet2.com has also been awarded byWhich? with their prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey for four consecutive years (2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019). Jet2.com has been awarded Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe for three consecutive years (2017, 2018 & 2019) in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines, as well as Best Economy Class – Europe (2018 & 2019), Best Airline – Europe (2019) and ‘Top 10 Airlines in the World’ (2018 & 2019).
- The airline has also won UK’s Most Loved Airline as voted for by users of Skytrax, Airline of the Year at the TTG Travel Awards (2019), Best Short Haul Airline at the Telegraph Travel Awards (2019), Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020), Airline of the Year at the Glasgow Airport Awards (2016), Best Holiday Airline at the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards for nine consecutive years (2011-2019), Best Airline at the Graftas (2016), Best Airline at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards (2018), Best Airline Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2018 & 2019),and Best Airline at the Group Travel Awards (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019).
- In 2017, Jet2.com was the only UK airline to be awarded 5-Stars for On-Time Performance by OAG, the world’s leading air travel intelligence company and the OAG’s Punctuality League showed that Jet2.com was the most punctual UK airline in 2019. In January 2020, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2.com 16th out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2.com the highest ranked airline for customer satisfaction in the study. In March 2019, Jet2.com was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- It is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- For further information visit jet2.com
- Jet2holidays is the UK’s second largest tour operator and provides great value package holidays you can trust to more than 550 resorts across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe.
- Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one great package. Customers have a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with Jet2.com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included.
- Infants go free on all holidays and all holidays can be secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online or over the phone, Jet2holidays customers also benefit from 24 hour assistance in resort.
- Jet2holidays is ATOL protected and is a subsidiary of Dart Group PLC, an aviation services and distribution group.
- Jet2holidays has won a range of awards, with the most recent ones including: Which? Recommended Provider (2019), Travel Brand of the Year 2018 at the Which? Awards, as well as Best Short Haul Operator (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020), Favourite Short Haul Operator (2018), Best Trade Sales Team (2019) and Best Trade Friendly Brand (2018 & 2020) at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards. Jet2holidays has also won Best Short Haul Operator (2018) at The Sun Travel Awards, Best Overall Operator (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017), Best Short Haul Tour Operator (2015-2019) and Best Trade Friendly Supplier of the Year (2019) at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards, Best Package Tour Operator and Best Internet Booking System (2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018) and Best Sales Support to the Northern Ireland Travel Trade (2015 & 2016) at the Northern Ireland Travel & Tourism Awards, Best Family Holiday Operator (2018, 2019), Trade Sales Team of the Year (2019) & Best Short Haul Operator (2017) at the Travel Bulletin Star Awards, Best Tour Operator at the Graftas (2016, 2017 & 2018), Best Tour Operator Europe & North Africa at the Selling Travel Awards (2017, 2018 & 2019),Best Group Tour Operator – Short Haulat the Group Leisure & Travel Awards (2018), Best Trade Team at The Travel Network Group Conference (2017), and Leisure Sales Team of the Year (2017, 2018 & 2019) at the Advantage Travel Partnership’s Big Celebration Lunch.
- In January 2020, the benchmark UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI), produced bi-annually by the Institute of Customer Service, named Jet2holidays 23rd out of almost 250 companies for customer service. This makes Jet2holidays the highest ranked tour operator for customer satisfaction in the study. In 2018 and 2019, Jet2holidays was awarded with a Gold Trusted Provider Award by Feefo, for providing customers with an exceptional booking experience both online and through its UK call centre.
- For further information visit jet2holidays.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com
- Jet2CityBreaks is Jet2holidays’ dedicated city breaks product launched in May 2015.
- In 2016 and 2019, Jet2CityBreaks was awarded Best European Short Break Provider at the Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association Awards.
- Jet2CityBreaks provides Jet2.com flights and handpicked hotels in more than 26 of Europe’s most popular cities, all secured with a low £60 per person deposit.
- All Jet2CityBreaks are ATOL protected.
- Jet2Villas is Jet2holidays’ dedicated villa holiday offering launched in May 2017.
- Jet2Villas offers the freedom of a villa holiday with the full package – a £60pp deposit, as well as 22kg baggage, 10kg hand luggage and great flight times as well as car hire included as standard.
- All Jet2Villas holidaysare ATOL protected.
- For further information visit jet2villas.com. Independent travel agents can visit the dedicated trade site trade.jet2holidays.com